Some Smile Makeovers are easy, but some are complicated and require combining several techniques to get the best result. The following is an example of one that used 3 different procedures in our Charlotte dentist office:
Cosmetic Dentistry with Dental Implants
When Kat first came to us in August 2006, she was ready to improve her smile, and she had some major complicating factors. She knew about the significant gum recession, was unhappy about the dark metal lines around her dental bridge, and wanted to brighten/straighten her whole smile.
But beyond that, she had some more problems:
- Crowded lower front teeth that were banging against the back of the upper dental bridge
- She clenched her teeth intensely, pushing the lower front teeth powerfully against the back of the upper dental bridge
- A history of chronic migraines that did not respond to conventional treatment, and as she’ll tell you in a heartbeat, she tried EVERYTHING.
- The 2 teeth holding up the bridge had cracks in the roots
- A very high smile line, meaning that – when she smiles big – her lip rises way up high so that even the gums show (most people don’t do this)
Two Dental Implants for a Bridge
We spent quite a while talking about how all these things fit together and all the possibilities to give her a beautiful smile she would love. We finally decided on the following:
- Taking out the 2 front teeth
- Placing 2 dental implants
- Six Month Braces to straighten the lower front teeth
- The NTI-tss for resolving the chronic migraines and to protect the bridge from grinding
- Finally a porcelain-to-metal bridge on the implants for a beautiful smile.
The entire process took just under 2 years, but even Kat will tell you – it was worth it! She recently got married and says she felt so good smiling for her wedding photos with total confidence.
You know — this is the kind of thing that makes dentistry really enjoyable. We get to help people LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD, AND EAT THE FOODS THEY WANT. 🙂
For a Complimentary Dental Implant Consultation:
Request an Appointment Online or call us at 704-364-7069.
We’ll look forward to meeting you soon!