Meet Dr. Payet
A Caring Charlotte Dentist
Hi, I’m Dr. Payet, and I’ve been a Charlotte dentist ever since 1998. I moved here after undergrad (Class of ‘94) and dental school at the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry (Class of ‘98). While not a native Tar Heel, I have deep roots in the state: my mother grew up in Albemarle, my dad went to Chapel Hill, and most of my family is in North Carolina. At heart, I am a true-blue Tar Heel!
Being the Best Dentist I Can Be
Some may think it odd that I love being a dentist, but seriously…I do! Every day is different, every patient is unique and special, and there is ALWAYS more to learn. I get to have fun doing what I do. I’ve attended many of the top post-graduate institutes for Continuing Education, usually completing 50-100 hours of advanced training per year.
Besides being an eternal student, I also enjoy teaching, and have done so at the following:
- As an Adjunct Clinical Instructor at the UNC School of Dentistry, helping dental students learn;
- As a Faculty Mentor at the Nash Institute for Advanced Dental Learning, where I taught other dentists advanced skills in cosmetic dentistry;
- Founded a Professional Study Club to help all Charlotte dentists using the CEREC Same-Day Crown CAD/CAM system;
- Lecturing on, and writing a blog about, dental photography, helping other dentists integrate this useful and powerful communication tool into their office;
- Lecturing on the benefits and techniques of combined Laser Periodontal Surgery and Dental Braces.
A Little Story About Why I Became a Dentist
I am fortunate and blessed to have three special women in my life: my wife Fara and our daughters, Natalie and Elizabeth, who keep us very busy. Add in our dogs Starbucks & Molly, and we have a full home life.
Besides spending quality time with my family and taking care of you, I have several hobbies: photography, reading, piano, Shaolin Kung Fu at The Peaceful Dragon, & cooking. I wish I had more time for ballroom dancing and singing.
As part of my continuing professional growth, I am currently a member of the following dental organizations: