As part of my commitment to the highest-quality Continuing Education, I do take a lot of advanced CE courses. Because I’m fairly picky about the courses I choose, the courses I attend also are often the same ones that the most well-known names in dentistry attend. It’s a lot of fun, and I’m fortunate to count a number of world-renowned dental lecturers as both friends and mentors. However, except at big dental conventions, it’s not often that you get a whole bunch of world leaders in the dental field together in one place, but that’s just what happened to me this weekend!
Combined Powerprox Six Month Braces and Inman Aligner Course
The weekend of Feb. 7-9, in Santa Ana, CA, I attended a 2-day refresher course on Powerprox Six Month Braces and a 1-day Certification course for the Inman Aligner. Getting the year started off with 22 hours of orthodontic continuing education seemed like a good idea, but I had no idea just HOW good an idea it would be! In the picture below, you can see me with the following world-renowned lecturers and authors (from left to right):
- Dr. Tif Qureshi – immediate past President of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and Director of the Inman Aligner Training Institute, author of many articles, opinion leader in Europe on numerous issues.
- Dr. Pascal Magne – professor at the University of Southern California Dental School and, together with his lab technician brother Michel, author of some of THE definitive textbooks on the porcelains we use today, as well as on conservative dentistry; member of one of the most exclusive and advanced dental study clubs in the world.
- Me 🙂 (OK, I’m kind of well-known in dental circles, too, but I’m being humble here – these guys are way beyond me)
- Dr. Ross Nash – one of the “original” cosmetic dentists, he’s taught tens of thousands of dentists modern cosmetic dentistry techniques for 25+ years and still runs one of the most well-respected teaching continuums in cosmetic dentistry.
- Dr. Rick DePaul – one of the original lecturers on Six-Month Braces, he’s also taught many thousands of dentists around the country and world his cosmetic orthodontic techniques.
- Dr. James Russell – with Dr. Qureshi, he is the Director of the Inman Aligner Training Institute, is an opinion leader for several international companies, has published numerous articles, etc.
So now you know – I get to hang out with Dental ROCK STARS. 🙂